2021-11-21

Scrappy Tails Crafts Guest Designer

Hello friends! I had the honor to collaborate with a wonderful cardmaking brand Scrappy Tales. And I can't wait to share with you my ideas using the wonderful products of this company. This is my first and not the last post about it here.

My first card feature the Russian Winter Village stamp set. As you already know, I am a Russian crafter. So making a card with this set was something intimate for me, filled with special magic. I tried to show here the festive winter atmosphere on Red Square in Moscow. There is even a Moscow Kremlin here! Yay!


I started by stamping some images using Memento Espresso Truffle Ink Pad. I colored them using Copic Markers. And I cut them out with scissors (coordinating dies available here). I added some highlights using white gel pen.


Next I created a winter ink blended background.  I also used here the Music Note Swirl Stencil Set of Two Layering Stencils. But I used only swirly lines stencil. I think using it this way gave my sky the appearance of the northern lights.


The last step was to add my images to my card, which I did using some foam squares behind it for extra dimension. How beautiful this atmosphere is, isn't it? 


I also stamped the sentiment to the bottom of the card. Once that was done, I decorate my card with some snowflakes.



The second and no less significant card for me. I used here gorgeous Nutcracker Ballet stamp set. As you know, it was the famous Russian composer Tchaikovsky who wrote his 71 compositions - "The Nutcracker" ballet. So this is another special theme for me.


I decided to create a magical atmosphere of the fairy tale in my card, the moment of waiting for the New Year to come.


First I created a simple ink blended background. Next I used here the Sheet Music Stencil Set of Two Layering StencilsI did simple blending through the first layer (the lines of the sheet music).  
And next I used the top layer stencil (the actual music notes that sit on the sheet music lines) and I applied white embossing paste through the mask on the base. To make the paste shimmer, I also sprinkled it with fine glitter on top.  In order for the glitter to have time to fix on the paste, it is important to have time to apply it before the paste freezes.


Next I stamped these beautiful images in a black hybrid ink and colored them with my alcohol markers. Then I cut them out with scissors (coordinating dies available here)


I also stamped the sentiment to the bottom of the card.


 Finally I placed the images on the panel. All finished!


Be sure to visit the Scrappy Tailes blog of its talented design team, where you will find a lot of inspiration for using these products. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий